Users may allocate printing expenses to Shared Accounts using pop-up client software. Shared Accountsare accessible to multiple users. In professional organizations they may represent:
- Clients or accounts
- Project or phase
- Department or cost center
The workflow is as follows:
- Administrators manage the list of accounts
- End-users allocate printing to the accounts
- Reports are automatically available, allowing costs to be charged back to the client (invoiced)
Print jobs can be charged to accounts using the account selection popup, a feature of the client tool. (The client tool is a small software component that runs on user systems.)
PaperCut's professional client billing licensing option includes the advanced client as standard for all users. It is specially designed to suit organizations making heavy use of the account charging features in PaperCut.
In addition to recording all the details of a print job, the advanced account selection popup provides the following features:
- Charging to a shared account
- Associating a comment with the print job for future reference
- Applying a different charge rate to the job
- Optionally prevent the job from being displayed on invoice reports
- Searching for accounts by name or code
- Saving a preferred list of commonly used accounts
- Maintaining a list of recently selected accounts
Charge rates provide a configurable list of optional rates. They can be used to charge different amounts for different paper types or circumstances.
The preferred list of accounts provides a convenient place to store the most commonly used accounts.
The list of recently selected accounts makes it easy to quickly re-select a previous account.